Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Road to Recovery Seems so Long

This is the first surgery I have had in my life and after this I can't say I'd even opt to have one again. It's rough!

However, Arturo is an amazing support (seriously, he is a saint!) and day by day I'm moving more and getting better.

Day 1 - Monday, September 6th (Hospital)
Managed to get out of bed, almost passed out after walking to the bathroom, made it back to bed and was discharged from the hospital later that evening. Survived the car ride home and getting up the stairs in to bed.

Day 2- Tuesday, September 7th (Home)
Today's big successes were getting in and out of bed with lots of help, walking around a bit semi doubled over in pain, and successfully breastfeeding Kesha bout 14 times. I also successfully avoided taking the shower I was supposed to take (muahaha)

Day 3 - Wednesday, September 8th (Home)
My successes today were plentiful (go me!) and included lots of walking on one floor (no stairs yet), making it to the bathroom on my own, taking the shower I was supposed to take yesterday (it was the most amazing shower of my life!), and getting out of bed with only the help of a chair instead of the help of another person

Day 4 - Thursday, September 9th (Home... do you notice I haven't left the house yet?)
Today was a big baby breakthrough day! Today I continued all of the previously listed successes plus added a few stairs to the mix. In addition I breast fed in a front holding position, picked up Kesha from her Moises bed by myself, got in and out of bed holding her, and changed her diaper! (Arturo has changed all the diapers up to this point, as I said, SAINT!)

I am pretty tired today after 4 times up and down the stairs (about 80 stairs in total) and eating two meals downstairs instead of having all my meals in bed. But I am SO smitten with Kesha! I could watch her sleep for hours, she really is amazing and SO CUTE!

My mom gets to Quito on Saturday and Cuenca on Sunday! I can't WAIT to see her and am excited for her to meet her first grandchild! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mother who would fly down to Ecuador for three weeks to hang out with me and Kesha (and Arturo and his family, of course). I love you mom and I hope I will be just as wonderful of a mother as you were to me!

Oh, and here are some more pictures of Kesha, just because she's so cute!

xo




1 comment:

  1. Great job celebrating the baby steps Becca. She's just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete