Wednesday, September 1, 2010

18 Days and Counting...

ultrasound at 13.5 weeks

I can't believe our little one is due in 18 days.
18 days is nothing.
My mom will be here in 11 days.
I am SO excited to see her!

We have been slowing making a shift from the mentality of couple, to pregnant, to parents... an adjustment I know will take a lifetime to make.

Figuring out how to maintain our individual identities, our identity as a couple, and develop our new identities will be a challenge, but it is one that we are excited about and are ready to face! (I suppose ready or not though, the change is coming!)

At times it feels surreal, as if it will never happen and she will never be here.
I wake up a night (a lot!) and see the Moises bed at my side and feel like I'm looking in at someone else's life. I realize that soon I'm going to have to learn things like napping, sanitizing bottles, bathing a baby, the best way to wash cloth diapers, how to juggle a job and a child, how to juggle visitors, napping, baby, a job, and my sanity.

I can't explain how excited I am about our new upcoming journey. We will try to take it one day at a time, not have too many expectations about what being a parent will be like, and, as every parent does, do the best we can with our little girl.

We are SO excited to have you in our lives little one. 18 more days. So hard to believe.
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment