Sunday, September 5, 2010

Clinc, clinic, clinic, clinic...

We hit contractions at approximately 4.5 minutes apart around 3:30, called the doctor, then headed to the clinic. When he checked me I was only 3cm dilated and my contractions had returned to being irregular. We figured he would send us back home, but he decided to keep us at the clinic.

My room is nice and there is almost no one here, so it is really quiet! It's wonderful! We have cable TV, a wireless Internet card (hence my postings), and I even snuck some food even though they told me I couldn't eat (just a few saltine crackers).

My bed

The view from my room (with Arturo)

The doctor came back to check me around 6:30 and I had made NO progress as far as dilation was concerned. My contractions are now 4 every 10 minutes, so at least that's moving forward! He said that some people move really slowly through this phase and then more quickly through the second phase. We'll see how it goes.

Time to walk the halls some more and then get some rest!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!! It seems like a lifetime ago when I was going through the same thing and it was only two years ago!! What an experience. Lot's of happiness your way for you and your new family!!!

    ReplyDelete