Sunday, September 5, 2010

Early Labor

Our doctor predicted this weekend would be the weekend for our little one to be born. She's not here yet, but we have been in early labor since around 11:00 yesterday morning. Things seem to be progressing slowly, but we were both able to get some sleep last night which will help if we move in to active labor today.

At first I was very overwhelmed when I went in to my 37 1/2 week appointment on Friday and was told I would more than likely be giving birth this weekend. Now I'm feeling better about it (less in shock) and am ready for her to come.

We are still at 6+ minute intervals for contractions, but they are definitely getting longer and stronger. All we need is for them to be closer together for an hour, then we call the doctor...

I'm sad my mom couldn't be here for the birth, but I think it will be nice that we will have adjusted to baby life before she gets here and she can spend some quality time getting to know her granddaughter. Either way she'll be here next week! I'm VERY excited to see her!

Back to timing contractions. Updates will come as we have them!

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog today and want to wish you the best of luck with the birth! Reading your posts has been inspiring (I am also a young expat in Cuenca) so I hope this phase of your adventures goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete