Sunday, June 2, 2013

This week 5/27-6/2


Since I have been having a bit of a tough time lately finding the good in things, I have decided to start highlighting the wonderful, and memorable moments, from the week. My positive photos don't mean I have been a perfect parent, or had a tear-free week (both of which I'm sure are far from the case), but it is a chance for me to reflect on what I have done right, and not beat myself up about what I have done wrong. So, here it goes!


Miss Pickles has grown a lot and is doing well! She is quite the sleeper, only making a fuss when she needs her basic needs met... I greatly appreciate this!

Kalah at the beginning of the week (2 weeks old)
Kalah May mid week (2.5 weeks old)
Kal at the end of the week (3 weeks old)

I got to go to the grocery store and do my own shopping! Since I was on bed rest for 3 months I didn't get to do my own grocery shopping for almost that entire time. Arturo watched Kalah (she only wants to breastfeed every couple of hours, so I can leave her, which is so nice!) and Kesha and I did a mommy/daughter grocery shopping outing. It was a lot of fun! I am also back to cooking, and although I'm a bit rusty, it's nice to be back in the kitchen!






My mom arrived and brought a bunch of "girl" items for Kalah! It's fun to have some new, girly items for her. Bow you all can stop complaining that I dress her like a boy (BONNIE!).




Arturo gave me my "push" present for Kalah. He got me a Suunto Quest running pack! I will be cleared for physical activity in a few weeks and can't wait to strap it on and get going! It came with a month of personal training with the trainer Arturo has been working with. 




I had some very successful solo parenting moments, including an almost 12 hours period in the afternoon/evening where I had to do naps, dinner, and get both girls ready for bed (and to sleep) all on my own (and do work on top of that). Here are a couple of pictures from that evening. 

Kesh LOVES her castle

Sining Elizabeth Mitchell songs to her dolly while rocking her to sleep


The girls started napping together (supervised). I would like to note that this is not in my home and my infant does not typically nap like this. This is something very cultural here that I will discuss on a separate occasion.



I have begun taking at least one short walk every day while carrying Kal in the Ergo. My poor body is very beaten up after having 3 surgical procedures performed in the last 3 months, all in my abdomen, so it has been a bit of a slow recovery. I am so thankful that I can get out and enjoy the sunny mornings we've been having.

My mom flew in from Seattle to help me with the girls for the next 3 weeks while Arturo is in the jungle and Banos working with student groups. She arrived today and got to meet Kalah for the first time! I am SO excited to have her here, but haven't taken a picture of her yet. Don't worry, there will be many coming.

Oh, yes, and I finally was able to put on my non-maternity pants again! I'd say it's been a pretty good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment