Sunday, June 30, 2013

Photo session with Tatiana Lopez Fotografía

I have always wanted to do portraits of Kesha. However, when she was born no one in Cuenca did the typical newborn photos you "ooh and ahh" over. It was always a bit of a disappointment to me that I never got it done for her.

My brother in sister-in-law to be gifted me professional pictures of Kesha for my first Mother's Day (the best gift you could ever give a mother by the way), which I love an cherish!

So, when a friend of mine found this young, talented photographer here in Cuenca for her daughter's baptism pictures, I jumped on newborn pictures for Kalah, individuals of Kesh, and sister pictures! And what better timing that to have them printed for Father's Day gifts!

Since this was the first time I have had their pictures taken I had no idea what to bring with me. My mom and I went crazy with the prep and brought way too many clothes for the girls. Our prep experience would have been much less stressful had we just packed 3 choices for each girl and then trusted that the photographer would do her thing. We used one outfit per child. No more. (note here though that we did pictures with the girls wrapped in cloth since we were doing newborns for Kalah, and Kesha refused to change clothes... so if you have two older children, and children who are willing to change clothes, you might need all 3 clothing changes, but I wouldn't bring more than that).

Tatiana, the photographer, has tons of props available and used them very tastefully. Her mother is her assistant and was there to help with the girls. She was so wonderful with Kesha, who would only change clothes for her. And help try to rock and sooth Kalah when she cried.


Overall it was a very positive experience for us. Tatiana has studied in Argentina and the US. She is completely bilingual English/Spanish. Her photos are gorgeous, and her prices reasonable.


She charges $100 for the session and 11 high quality printed pictures (10 5x7s and 1 8x10... although she let me change mine out for 12 5x7s). Extra prints are reasonable, running $2-3 per print. The set you see below were the proofs we were able to choose from.

A disc of small-sized photos for Facebook, email, etc. can be purchased for $20.

The high quality photo files with rights for unlimited printing run $2 pr photo.



If you are in Cuenca I highly recommend using Tatiana! She will do on-site shoots around the city and outside of the city, studio, outdoor, weddings, baptisms, birthdays, and just about any other event you'd like to capture (prices as I listed above were for my studio session with herm other prices may vary).

Here is her contact information:
Address: Gran Colombia 7-54 (in front of the Hotel Dorado)
Phone: 098 354 1323
Email: tarislopez@yahoo.com
Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/TatianaLòpez-Fotografìa/351288858214939?fref=ts



No comments:

Post a Comment