Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thoughts on Sleepless Nights at 36 Weeks

We are almost there! Almost!

On Sunday our little girl will be considered full term (37 weeks). She could come really any time within the next 4 weeks... crazy. It seems like just yesterday we found out we were pregnant, were selling our furniture, and heading on the road to move to Ecuador. Our new room is almost complete and my mom will be here in 2.5 weeks. Things are moving so quickly.

Our little girl is a mover and a shaker (or a quika, wiggly worm, as we might say here) and can't ever keep still. Her knee is always poking out one side of my abdomen, or she is hiccuping or practicing other movements. I can't help but wonder what this little baby will be like once she's on the outside... Will I miss having her little legs jab me in the ribs? What will it be like with her outside as opposed to inside? Will she stay as active as she is now? What will she look like? Who will she look like? Me? Arturo? Both of us? What will she like? What will she dislike? Will her first words be in Spanish or English? I know all of these questions will be answered with time (and time will fly by!), but on these sleepless nights at 36 weeks they are the things that come to mind.

Pregnancy has been an incredible journey for us as a little family and we can't wait to welcome our little girl in to the world. It's an amazing world and I hope, as a mother, that I will help our daughter see and experience all of the wonderful things it has to offer her.

We love you little one and can't wait to meet you!

36 weeks and counting...


36 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting that you're so close and thinking about all of that. That still seems so far away but I bet it came up quickly for you. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kacie, yes, it is exciting and surreal at the same time. We finally got the room put together today (we are really behind and are missing a rocking chair, a changing pad, and we haven't put the Moises basket in yet), but yet it still feels like she won't be here for months. My mother-in-law makes fun of me and says I live my life as if I never plan on actually having the baby. I told her since I don't know when she's coming I could either sit around and wait or I could make plans, and I much prefer to make plans! ;o)

    It has come SO quickly. Enjoy your pregnancy and keep track of it all... the bumps, the squirms, the kicks, and things you liked and didn't like... you will find these memories to be so wonderful when you're 9 months and huff and puff while walking up the stairs haha. I'm really happy for you that you're having a little girl and wish the world for you, Kyle, and your new baby! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is one of those moments when a woman is beautiful. All the best for you, both.

    ReplyDelete