Saturday, November 2, 2013

It's been a while

Time is flying by, and I have very little extra of it that's for sure.

Since I last posted we have been Seattle, traveled the east coast, and have now been back in Ecuador for over a month. A lot has transpired, and I've shared very little of it.

Our visit to Seattle was amazing. I savoured every second of the sunshine, time with my friends and family, being in my childhood stomping grounds with my girls. I miss living in the US (but also enjoy living in Ecuador). I am thankful to be able to share the area I grew up with my girls and hope they grow to love it as much as I do, just in a different way.

It has been far too easy to fall back in to "the grind" here with recruitment time.  However, I am attempting to balance my work life with being truly present with my girls. Two is a lot more work than one... double, in fact (haha).

It is challenging attempting to run my business and watch Kalah in the mornings while Kesha is at preschool. Then in the afternoon I have been trying to work while the girls nap. However, this only brings frustration and makes me both a bad mother and a bad professional, so I have committed to focusing on work in the morning (seeking help with Kalah when I can), and only being mommy in the afternoon. As I figure out the rhythm of my life with two kids my new commitment excites me. One of my inspirations was reading a post by one of my childhood friends, Kacie, about being truly present with her girls. It made me realize how distracted I am, and how i need to commit more time to actually being with my girls. You can read her post, "Babies Don't Keep", here.

I hope to write a bit more in my free time as a form of reflection and sharing with other young expat moms in the world and will be sharing a few pictures and memories from our trip to the US, reflections from Kesha's 3rd birthday, what I am loving about having a 3 year old (including what she is doing at preschool), and some of Kalah's milestones. Keep an eye out, as I promise more will be coming soon and I will be writing more frequently!




No comments:

Post a Comment