Wednesday, November 13, 2013

6 Months Old

My Dearest Kalah May,

You are my youngest. My last. And time is flying by.

2 weeks old

A whole half year has passed since you joined us, and now, I can hardly picture you as a newborn. Your big sister puts your newborn clothes on her dolls and I can't fathom you being that tiny. You have grown in to a delightful, strong, peaceful little girl, who brings joy to the face of anyone who crosses your path.

Women and men alike coo at your site everywhere we go, and everyone loves making you smile and laugh. And oh how you laugh!

2 months old

Your sister delights in your presence and loves you to a fault. Her kisses oftentimes turn in to crushes, her hugs to smothers, and her play to shrieks that startle you... But you two get along beautifully and your face lights up the room when you see her. Not even your Mama makes you that happy.

Sleeping comes to you fairly naturally. Your naps are short, but when you go down you stay down. Nighttime still finds you waking two times or so. But overall, you're a good sleeper and I am so thankful for that!

I have struggled with keeping my diet just right to keep you from throwing up and having massive body rashes. Every time I think you're better and ease up I find out I'm wrong. It can be frustrating, but we're charging ahead with breastfeeding, as in the end, that's what I feel is best for you... best for us as a team.

3.5 months old (first time rolling over!)

You first rolled at 3.5 months, and gained the ability to roll in both directions around 4.5 months. You are good at pushing yourself up and can pull up your rear end as well, practicing the tucking position you will need for crawling. Even though you can't crawl, you can still manoeuvre yourself enough to surprise me if I walk away from you momentarily, only to return to find you in a completely different location... it's amazing how efficient wiggling is as a form of locomotion. You grab for toys and pull them toward you, can move objects from one  hand to the other, and are starting to understand peekaboo.

First foods happened recently with granadilla, papaya, and banana topping the list. I even let you try a bit of squash. You grab at our plates during meal time and hunger for a taste of whatever we are putting to our lips. Cups of water, herbal teas, anything we'll stick on your tongue you'll lap up. You are so fervent for a taste it's almost comical.

5.5 months old

Vocal, responsive, interactive, are all adjectives that describe you perfectly. You are so aware of what is around you, you love listening to me sing, and you want people to speak to you, play with you, and include you in life. I can't wait until you are mobile so you can interact even more... I think that will bring you great joy!

You also got your first teeth (bottom two) at around 5.5 months. Since then you do everything with your tongue out. I love it and will miss it when you stop.

Halloween - 5.5 months old

Life has been fairly typical since we returned from the US. We have mostly spent our time at home and in and around Cuenca. You celebrated your first Halloween and pretty much slept through the party. We also celebrated your first Fiestas de Cuenca by spending a lot of time wandering around in the markets, listening to live music, and hanging out at the park. You liked the park the best (naturally).

I always say the first year of life is my favorite. So many changes occur. You learn so much in such a short period of time. Everything is amazing. And things change over night. We are so lucky to have you in our lives Pickles. You amaze me.

6 months old

I love you and love you and love you and love you.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment