Friday, October 15, 2010

Mom's Visit, Photos I Haven't Posted Yet, and a Mishmash of Things I Haven't Writen About Yet

My mom is the best! She is so amazing, in fact, that she took 3 WEEKS off work to come and spend time with me and her cute little new granddaughter! Not only that but she flew 12 hours, stayed in a house with 5 other people (4 of which do not speak English), and hung out in a country where she can only get her point across and not necessarily understand what people say in response. (to be really fair my mom's Spanish has improved a lot since she took Spanish I and II this past summer before coming to visit)

She has been gone almost two weeks now (yes, I am just getting around to posting this) and I miss her heaps! I can't wait until I can go home and visit with Kesha (although we're not sure when that will be). It is fun to send my mom and dad pictures of Kesha as she grows and changes, but I do wish she were closer. I know we made the right decision moving so far away, because both Arturo and I can be home to raise her, rather than sending her to daycare, but I do miss my parents a lot and wish they were closer to hug and kiss their granddaughter!

Here are a few pictures from my mom's time here in Ecuador...

Mom's first time holding Kesha

Mom hanging out with Kesha in the sun

 My mom and Chela (my mother-in-law) with Kesha who is wearing the same outfit that I wore when I was two weeks old

Mom with Kesh in Paute (right outside of Cuenca)

Mom breaking open Toctes (like walnuts, but different) with rocks in "El Campo" (Paute)

Mom and Nico playing the guitar at Aida's country house in Paute

 We will miss you Mommy/Nana! No es adios, es hasta pronto! We love you! xo


While my mom was here we also got to go and see Aida's son-in-law's Peruvian step horses (caballos de paso). I didn't have pictures of them before, but now I do. So here they are!




I can't remember what else I wanted to write about, but have many other topics, so I'm going to start another entry...


No comments:

Post a Comment