Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014!

I read someone's blog where they talked about a list to complete during 2014 rather than resolutions. Although it's a cool concept, let's be real, goals are goals wether you call them resolutions or you call them tasks. They are thing you have not yet accomplished that you would like to do, right? But, that is not the point. The point is a new year, a new me, a new focus. A chance to be better than I was last year.

This year seems to be the year our family is doing "visual lists" so I am going to snatch this "to do list" idea up and follow suit. I will have a hand written list on my fridge of what I would like to accomplish in 2014. The items I picked are concrete. Doable (at least in my mind they are doable, we shall see if they pan out in real life).

Here is my list!

  1. Write down my "to do" list, decorate it, and put it on the fridge
  2. Do something for myself every single day, no matter how small
  3. Blog at least 2 times per month every month for the year
  4. Learn to use my new camera
  5. Maintain our no technology after 6pm rule all year (weekends and holidays are an exception)
  6. Read at least 3 real books 
  7. Run a half marathon
  8. Listen to world news at least 3 mornings per week
  9. Dedicate at least one full morning per week to handing over Kalah May to someone else so I can focus on my work
  10. Pitch my PhD idea to 5 universities and seek full funding opportunities
  11. Go parasailing
  12. Write and send one hand written letter per month
There ya have it.  No bells, no whistles. No frills, no gimmicks. 12 things to accomplish in 2014. 

What is on your to do list for this new year?


Happy new year everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I like your goals. They are realistic but will keep you honest. Well done!

    ReplyDelete