Thursday, January 31, 2013

Christmas in the Northwest


One of my favorite things about the holidays is going “home” for them!
I put home in quotations because I have two homes, so whether I am sitting in my own apartment in Cuenca, or frequenting one of the many coffee shops in the Seattle-area, I am home! (I consider myself very fortunate in this aspect)
K and I boarded a plane for the very long journey from Guayaquil to Seattle. 3 flights and 15 hours later we landed. Not one delay, not one hiccup in the journey. And my little Bug was a dream during our trip! (so much for my excessive pre-planning and worrying)
Once K saw my parents in Seattle she left my side and went running to them! It was a joy to see her so excited about them meeting us at the airport (especially since she hadn’t seen my dad in about 9 months).
Then then adventures began! Since I could write an infinite amount about how wonderful of a time we had with my parents and all of the adventures we had, I will let the pictures speak for themselves…
Thank you to my wonderful Seattle family (my friends are included here) for an unforgettable 3.5 weeks. We miss you already and can’t wait for our next visit!
Kesha on one of her many visits with Santa

Downtown Seattle with Nana, Grandpa, Uncle BJ, and Auntie Kayla

Reading Kesha's "Book on Every Bed" book on Christmas morning

Blocks!

At Garden d'lights in Bellevue

Decorating sugar cookies on Christmas day

New Years eve day at Seaside, OR

Splashing in puddles at Nana and Grandpa's house

Cooking with Nana

Lots of play time!

Christmas morning

Decorating gingerbread men

One of our many carrousel rides
Christmas lights at Warm Beach, WA with Nana and Grandpa

Lots of Grandpa time!

New years eve at Seaside, OR

Piano time with Nana

Cutting a Christmas tree
We had a wonderful year and ended it in one of the best ways possible, with our family up north.
We are thankful to have our family back together in Cuenca and look forward to what 2013 will bring! (we hope it will include a trip back to Seattle for the entire family!)

No comments:

Post a Comment