Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. I love the lights, the Christmas tree, gift giving and receiving, the joy that seems to fill the air...

This is the first year I have spent Christmas in Ecuador and it was very different from the Christmas I am used to back in the States. In the US we wake up early, open stockings, have breakfast, open presents, then relax in the morning and have Christmas dinner in the afternoon.

Here, we headed to dinner around 8:39 and ate at 9:30 with Aida and her family and some of our expat friends. It was a wonderful turkey dinner with potatoes, salad, avocado, and a bit of champagne. Aida made a delicious fruit cake for dessert. We talked with friends and Arturo, Kesha and I crashed around 10:30 and were home by 11:00 and in bed by 11:30. We did nothing on Christmas day, and that was the extent of our Christmas.

Very different from what I'm used to, but it was nice to be close to family and friends here in Cuenca.






No comments:

Post a Comment